The holidays are a notoriously busy time across many industries, so getting a jump on your end-of-year holiday sales and promotions can make all the difference– especially in this particularly tumultuous year. Great marketing (and sales) often stems from proper planning and preparedness. And while end-of-year revenue has always been important, finishing 2020 on our best leg may be the most critical feat yet.
“Our goals can only be reached through the vehicle of a plan.” – Pablo Picasso
When you work ahead on your marketing plan, you don’t have to scramble to get important and timely messages out to your followers. Putting in the time and energy on the front end means you can keep your focus on the finer details of your conversion funnel this holiday season, as you watch your finely-crafted promotional content do its thing out there in the world.
Some things to think about when you’re mapping out your 2020 holiday promotions:
- When is my slowest time of year, and how can I proactively boost sales during that time?
- What types of sales or discounts make sense for my business, if any, and when should I run them for greatest impact?
- What holiday promotional opportunities align well with my industry and overall strategy? Where can I use the holiday calendar or season to my advantage?
- How can I hammer out the details of my Qtr. 3 and Qtr. 4 promotions to remain ahead of the curve?
- What can I do internally to set my team up for success?
- Is there an improvement to be made to my customer’s experience?
- What is my business doing that is uniquely different from my competitors, and how can I communicate that value to my customers?
- What holiday messaging can I share that will bolster my business efforts?
It’s our job as your trusted digital agency and marketing professionals to let you know… the time to work on that marketing plan is now! In order to best bolster your businesses sales efforts, begin your quarter 3 and 4 holiday sales and promotional planning today… before an important holiday is looming. “By failing to prepare, you’re preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
Quarter 3 & 4 Holidays (2020)
Upcoming Quarter 3 & 4 Holidays to consider…
Labor Day – Sept. 7th
9/11 – Sept. 11th
Octoberfest – Sept. 19th – Oct. 4th
Halloween – Oct. 31st
Daylight Savings Ends – Nov. 1st (gain 1 hr of sleep)
Day of the Dead – Nov. 1-2
U.S. General Election Day – Nov. 3rd
Veteran’s Day – Nov. 11th
Grandparents Day – Nov. 13th
Thanksgiving Day – Nov. 26th
Black Friday – November 27th
Small Business Saturday – November 28th
Chanukah – Dec. 10th – Dec 18th
Winter Solstice – Dec. 21st (shortest day of the year)
Christmas – Dec. 25th
Swanza – Dec. 26th
Boxing Day – Dec. 28th
New Year’s Eve – Dec. 31st
If you’re a current client of ours at Riverworks, our team would love to help you get the jump on creating messaging and assets that support your business goals for quarters 3 and 4.
“Plan your work and work your plan.” – Napoleon Hill
The more time we have to prepare, the better the results we can drive for you!